The mission of the church is to present the"good news" that Jesus Christ is Saviour and Lord. As such, He calls all people to relationship with Him.
We are a "family church" with ministry available to all age groups.
The church began in 1935 when members of the Pentecostal church in Peterborough held meetings which were met with a favorable response from the community.
In the Fall of 1936 the District Official of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada believed it was time to set the church in order with a Pastor & his wife to shepherd the flock.
In 1941 property was purchased on Bridge Street and a basement church was built. Many tons of stone were hauled in from the country, and exposed portions of those first walls reveal how well they were built. This is the foundation of the existing church building.
In 1951 the church launched a building program to enlarge the existing basement church and build an upstairs auditorium.
Over the years, the property has been expanded for parking, with a total renovation and expansion of the church facility in 1977. In 1988 a new rear entrance was added as well as modernization of the complete facility. In 1997-98 the church property received further improvements and donation of land to the west for future growth and development.